Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Dollhouses and Miniatures

I know most of you are so busy getting ready for Christmas and other holidays...as I am too, not only getting things ready but we've been fairly busy with our regular locksmithing......all our presents are about bought or made so we're in good shape.....trying to relax and enjoy the lights and sounds..

..I've been looking at different artists and crafters for inspiration for next year......
as a little girl, I enjoyed doll houses and although we didn't have much money, I tried to make my own several times...using toothpaste caps for lamp shades,  stamps for pictures, tiny books made from paper and teen idol photos, etc. wish I had a photo of the house now!
I found on Etsy one of the most interesting of miniature artists and wanted to share...

she creates these wonderfully detailed doll houses...little works of art really.......I just am in love with them....and she even walks you through her creative process on her blog.....Cinderella Moments is her Etsy shop and her blog is Shop Cinderella Moments  at this time, she's working on a new house called "Someday My Prince will Come" and you can see just how these beautiful little houses come together.....
will I ever try to make one? I don't know..it sure would be fun!

Another miniature crafter is Linda from LindaErwinCottages...
this little house would be welcome at our house for sure...
all of her houses are made from wood, rather than cardboard.The little snowman just sets this little house off, doesn't it? darling in a Christmas arrangement..or as a centerpiece....

When I was little (again another story) my parents went downtown to a department store and bought my grandparents the most wonderful clock....I remember it well...the display was by the escalators....the clock case was a little house, with clapboards and a picture window on one side ..where you could see Granny in a rocking chair with a fireplace in the background ..when the clock was working, Granny would rock back and forth with a light in the fireplace to simulate the flames..so cute! My grandparents had it on their TV for years...until sadly there was a break- in and it was stolen along with several other clocks.....I looked for years for a replacement and found one on Ebay which we have.....the clock doesn't work right now although I did get it repaired...it ran for about a year and then quit...I still cherish it.....I don't have a photo of ours but here is an auction listing with one just like it....Haddon "Home Sweet Home Clock"...see, told you I like miniatures!

1 comment:

Kendra said...

I have the dollhouse that my grandfather built for my mom in 1956 and remodeled and built an addition for in 1986 for me. I have since had to remodel again after some tenants (mice) trashed it. I just moved it from the porch to the LR and the boys (12 and 13) have been working for 2 days on decorating it for Christmas. Kendra